Landmarks light up orange in support of Atlanta Community Food Bank’s fight to end hunger
ATLANTA, GA, September 20, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ — The Atlanta Community Food Bank is joining other Feeding America organizations this September for Hunger Action Month®. Throughout the month, the Food Bank is asking community members to take action against the hunger crisis. On Hunger Action Day, September 23, the Food Bank is encouraging everyone to Go Orange by sporting the color that represents hunger and do what they can to help neighbors in need. Landmarks around Atlanta will be lit up orange to bring awareness to food insecurity.
“From acts big and small, our collective efforts can make a significant impact for those who are dealing with hunger in our communities,” said Kyle Waide, President & CEO of the Atlanta Community Food Bank. “The current inflationary environment has placed added stress on many families’ grocery budgets, driving increased need for food assistance across our pantry network. We are calling on area individuals, businesses, and organizations to join us in raising awareness, raising funds, volunteering their time, or participating in whatever capacity they are able to meet the needs of those who are struggling to put food on the table.”
Hunger Action Month is observed throughout September across the country by Feeding America member food banks. Supporters may post to social media with how they will take action against hunger using #HungerActionMonth and tagging @FeedingAmerica and @ACFB to help spotlight the initiative. Participants may also volunteer with local food banks to help package or organize food and supplies for those in need. For those who would like to contribute funds, donations may be made directly to the Atlanta Community Food Bank through their website or supporters may host fundraisers to increase their giving power.
The Food Bank encourages others to join the fight and go orange all month long. The following landmarks and companies around Atlanta have already committed to participating:
• Atlantic Station – The West Midtown mixed-use destination will be decked out in orange for the cause with the Food Bank’s logo spanning the jumbotron and the site covered in orange LED lights. The property team will also support by wearing orange on Hunger Action Day.
• Avalon in Alpharetta – Throughout the entire month, the Alpharetta mixed-use destination’s central fountain will be lit up orange.
• Colony Square – The Colonade – The location will light up orange on Hunger Action Day.
• Georgia’s Own – The 174-foot, digital building’s top sign will light up orange in support.
• King & Queen Buildings – The iconic towers will light up orange on Hunger Action Day.
• Peachtree Center – Downtown Atlanta’s mixed-use hub will light up orange on Hunger Action Day.
• Ponce City Market – The iconic market will light up orange on Hunger Action Day.
• SkyView ATL – The iconic market will light up orange on Hunger Action Day.
To further raise awareness for the day, individuals are asked to wear orange and post their commitment to taking action against hunger, using #HungerActionDay as well as tagging @FeedingAmerica and @ACFB.
To learn more about how you can take action, visit www.HungerActionMonth.org.
For more information about the Atlanta Community Food Bank or to learn how you can help, visit www.acfb.org.
About Atlanta Community Food Bank
The Atlanta Community Food Bank works to end hunger with the food, people and big ideas needed to ensure our neighbors have the nourishment to lead healthy and productive lives. Far too many people in our own community experience hunger every day, including children, seniors and working families. Through more than 700 nonprofit partners, we help more than 715,00 people get healthy food every year. Our goal is that all hungry people across metro Atlanta and North Georgia will have access to the nutritious meals they need when they need them. It takes the power of our whole community to make that possible. Join us at ACFB.org.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here