Unique New Program Motivates Adolescents to Practice Anti-Racism Behaviors and Avoid Racial Discrimination in Schools, Communities and Online
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL, August 31, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — “Multiple research studies show that perceived racial discrimination is a key environmental risk factor associated with greater likelihood of substance use, risky sexual behavior, depression and lower academic achievement among adolescents” said Dr. Chudley Werch, PhD, President at Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC.
“These studies highlight the multiple harmful effects of perceived racial discrimination on young people’s mental and physical health and academic success. In addition, research has indicated that racial discrimination is a social stressor linked to low birth weight, high blood pressure and poor health status among US adults, as well as poorer quality health care for racial minorities.”
That’s why we created the Racial Justice Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) which is . an easy to use brief program for educators, religious leaders, youth services providers and parents who want to promote youth behaviors that support racial justice and wellness and combat racism in individuals and communities.
Racial Justice PPW utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format and can be implemented in any setting with youth, including schools, youth agencies, faith-based organizations, juvenile justice, youth development organizations, homes and others.
Racial Justice PPW is the only single-session youth racism prevention program designed to increase anti-racial behaviors enhancing personal and community wellness. Critical social justice behaviors addressed include contemplating, observing, learning and helping to prevent racism and inequity in communities.
“The Racal Justice PPW program was designed to help youth become more conscious, caring and connected personal and social change leaders in their schools, communities and online,” said Dr. Werch. He continued “Which includes a three-step psychoeducational process of:
1. Screening youth for their current anti-racial and racial discriminatory habits to increase awareness of their racial justice biases and behaviors;
2. Providing feedback on those habits and positive image messages cuing desired future images of youth increasing motivation for personal and social change; and
3. Presenting a goal plan and contract to have youth set and monitor goals to avoid racism and increase anti-racism behaviors increasing self-control skills.”
The new Racial Justice Prevention Plus Wellness program comes with a:
• Manual with script for providing a group lesson that presents positive image content linking racial justice and personal and community wellness,
• Optional second interactive lesson plan,
• Protocols for providing your lesson remotely online,
• Set of colorful slides reinforcing positive image content with illustrations of multicultural youth modeling social diversity,
• Youth pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness,
• Phone and email program support,
• Download of all reproducible materials,
• One-hour online program implementer training webinar, and more.
Download a brochure to learn more or educate others about this exciting new program: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1117/8352/files/Racial_Justice_PPW_ … 1598124419
Request a program sample to review: https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/contact-us
View a one-hour recorded video on how to implement the Racial Justice PPW program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpudV6mlKU&feature=youtu.be
Learn more: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/racial-justice-prevention-plus-wellness
The Prevention Plus Wellness Vision:
To protect children, youth and young adults across the country and world from harmful substance use and substance use risk factors while also promoting physically active and healthy lifestyles necessary for positive youth development.
We achieve this by providing innovative single-session programs that allow prevention and health specialists to reach practically every youth and young adult with effective and critically-needed integrated Prevention Plus Wellness strategies.
In addition, our vision includes donating 10% of our net earnings to top rated charities who address the basic needs of hunger, housing, education and healthcare among the world’s most poor and vulnerable children and families.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here