In California, it is recommended that you review your trust at least once every few years.
MATHERS, CA, September 19, 2023 /24-7PressRelease/ — Attorney Michael Hackard, a California trust attorney with Hackard Law, helps clients with estate planning and litigation, including trust review and revision. “We advise our clients to review their trusts whenever there is a major life event, such as a birth, death, marriage, divorce, or significant change in financial circumstances,” says Hackard.
Here are the steps you can take to review your trust in California:
1. Gather your trust documents: Collect all of the documents related to your trust, including your trust agreement, any amendments, and any related estate planning documents such as wills and powers of attorney.
2. Review your trust documents: Carefully read through your trust documents to make sure you understand the terms and provisions. Pay particular attention to any changes in your life circumstances that may require updates to the trust.
3. Identify changes needed: Consider whether changes need to be made to your trust based on your current life circumstances. For example, you may need to update the beneficiaries, trustees, or the distribution of assets.
4. Consult with a qualified attorney: It is recommended that you consult with a qualified estate planning attorney to ensure that your trust still meets your needs and reflects your current wishes. An attorney can help you identify any changes that need to be made and can assist you in making those changes.
5. Update your trust documents: If you and your attorney determine that changes are needed, update your trust documents accordingly. This may involve drafting a new trust agreement or amendments to your existing trust documents.
6. Sign and notarize the updated documents: Once the changes have been made, sign and notarize the updated trust documents to make them legally binding.
7. Distribute copies of the updated documents: Make sure to distribute copies of the updated trust documents to all parties involved, including trustees, beneficiaries, and any other relevant parties.
Following these steps ensures that your trust remains up to date and reflects your current wishes and life circumstances.
Attorney Michael A. Hackard reminds clients, “Any trust that involves complex legal or financial issues or that requires compliance with specific legal regulations or tax laws should be created with the help of a qualified attorney.”
About Hackard Law
Michael A. Hackard is a veteran litigator with over 40 years of law experience. He is dedicated to advocating for fair treatment of beneficiaries and regularly represents clients in California and federal courts. Michael has also represented clients before legislative and administrative bodies.
He is committed to lifelong learning and has taken executive-level courses at top business schools. Michael’s clients come first, and he understands that their personal and financial safety is crucial. He works tirelessly to prevent disputed matters from escalating.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here